Sunday, March 8, 2015

Family & Friends - (Part 4 of Many...)

One of the reasons I was so determined to publish the Teddy Bear Day post, even though it was a week late, is because I thought it made for a nice segue to this next Family & Friends post that I wanted to share. (Of course, I had intended to have this post published in a much timelier fashion...)

Meet, our Aunt Rujuan (or 如娟阿姨).


She is our mom's third older sister - (the one closest to her in age) - and the two of them spent the most time together growing up.

May-ling on the left, Rujuan on the right

Aunt Rujuan is definitely the relative we got to see the most of over the years. She came to visit us both in Naperville as well as in Tokyo and we took several trips together including to Beijing (where the photo from above was taken) and Las Vegas. When we visited her place in Taiwan, my sister was always very enchanted by the low-ceilinged second floor space she had in her apartment and I know Liliane was very pleased that she was only person who could go upstairs without having to bend over at the time. (Obviously the height situation changed over the years...)

如娟阿姨 was with us the time I had the not-so-ingenious idea of trying to walk to Meijer from our house at  around 7pm at night, just when the sun was about to set. We actually made it quite far, all the way to Weber Rd., before our mom & dad picked us up from the side of the road. One of the memories 如娟阿姨 had to share about Liliane was how she used to (purposely) run ahead of us while we were out on one of our summer walks and fart in front of us because she knew we found it funny. (如娟阿姨 was in on our fart joke humor.) I personally have no solid recollection of this and I'm sure this isn't a story Liliane would've wanted the general public to have access to but, there it is.


Love you, 如娟阿姨! Thank you for all the happy memories and for being there for us when we need you...

Perhaps, it's also fitting that I'm posting this on International Women's Day, as 如娟阿姨 has always been very pro-Girl Power.


Happy International Women's Day!



1 comment:

  1. This is rujuan , I love you too <3 .
    And the place is ShangHai not Beijing. Rujuan have'nt been to Beijing yet.
    Good job ! I follow every articles ^^ You work hard, love you!

    ReplyDelete