Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Doing the Right Thing...


I've been meaning/wanting to write this post for awhile, and yet now that the "time of reckoning" has come I can't seem to find the appropriate words to satisfactorily convey what I want this post to say...

In the speech I made at Liliane's memorial service, I mentioned how our mom had recently asked Liliane what she thought the meaning of life is. My sister's response to that question was to say that life is about always trying to do the right thing and performing as many kind deeds as one can.

 In the spirit of what my sister said, I would like to let everyone know that we donated all the incredibly generous monetary gifts we received to two organizations that meant a great deal to Liliane's life - (the Tzu Chi Foundation & Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras). Having the good fortune of knowing the people in charge of these admirable establishments, we know that the money we contributed will be put to good use.

Although Liliane may no longer be physically here with us on this Earth, I know (with profound certainty) she is doing her very best to continue spreading positivity from wherever she is. (In fact, this is a topic my mom would very much like me to write about in some future post...) Knowing this, I promise I will spend the rest of my life trying to live up to my sister's ideals and I thank everyone who can help me carry out this ambition.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For those interested, here's some more information on the organizations we made donations to...



(This is the song we played at Liliane's memorial service)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras

(One of the pieces CYSO played on their Spain 2012 Tour)

No comments:

Post a Comment