Sunday, February 1, 2015

Family & Friends - (Part 1 of Many...)

Seika Nagao was my sister's best friend from Japan. The girls met each other when they were 4-years-old attending ISSH (International School of Sacred Heart) in Tokyo, Japan. I can still picture them running around in their red-checkered smocks on the school playground.

The Nagao Family has always been incredibly kind to us - (Seika's mom, Chiho, and my mom also became good friends because of Seika & Liliane's friendship while I was just able to reap all the benefits) - and we were able to share many happy memories together including the birth of Seika's little brother, Hiroki and visiting each other in Japan, New York, as well as Naperville.

I know my sister was able to keep in touch with Seika at least up until high school and I remember our family receiving at least a few holiday cards from them over the years. I'm currently in the process of trying to get back in touch with the Nagao Family. (Really hope they don't mind that I've gone ahead and posted this without double- checking with them first!)

(These pictures below were included in a mini photo album that Seika's mom gave to us as a parting gift when we left Japan in 2000.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

One of the earliest emails I found in Liliane's Yahoo account. I guess I must have helped type this email out, seeing as my sister would have been only 6 at the time...







*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liliane has always been really good at remembering dates - especially people's birthdays... (This email was sent 7 years after we moved back from Japan. Seika's birthday is technically March 14th, i.e. Pi Day, but I wonder if my sister sent this out a day earlier to account for the time difference.)



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful friendship! I love that they kept in touch for so many years despite the long distance. The pictures are absolutely adorable too. Hope you get in touch with the Nagao family soon.

    ReplyDelete