Monday, February 9, 2015

Family & Friends - (Part 3 of Many..)

Cuteness Overload: a collage of (arguably) Liliane's first friend - Jasmine Liu. 

Flower Baby Love - Jasmine <3 Liliane

Just as a bit of context/background... Jasmine is the younger sister of one of my very best friends, Laura Liu, who was also one of my first friends having known each other since around the time we were 2...

The four of us all grew up together and we will always have the beautiful bond of sharing some of our greatest childhood memories together - (which I plan on writing more about in future posts.) For now, all I really wanted to share is how ridiculously adorable Jasmine & Liliane were as babies.

(Pictures circa 7/30/1994)

Jasmine: Oh, aren't we just the cutest things ever?!!

Liliane: I don't really know what's going on but I guess...?

Jasmine: You're newer at this baby thing than me but trust me. We're super cute.

A quick side story: Laura had the opportunity to name her baby sister, hence the name Jasmine after Princess Jasmine in Aladdin. I also had the chance to choose what my sister's name should be however, according to my mom, I insisted on wanting to call my sister "Any" (pronounced with a long A sound) because apparently my 4-year-old self was obsessed with some sort of knock-knock joke that included the line "Anybody Who?" (My later, older self questioned whether my 4-year-old self had actually been trying to say the name "Annie", although my mom is quite adamant that I did not pronounce the name with a short A sound.)

Needless to say, I'm quite glad my parents had the insight to not name my sister "Any" or "Ainy" although that is, reportedly, the story behind why Liliane's middle name is Amy. (And now you can say you know a person who was, in part, named after a knock-knock joke. Sorry Mei.)

No comments:

Post a Comment